Last year I made some resolutions. I didn’t exactly follow through on all of them, so some of them might end up back on this list. I’m going to try and be a little more realistic this time around. (We all knew Project 365 was never going to happen).
- Update the Portfolio The entire website has been completely revamped a couple of times. The portfolio is (mostly) up-to-date.
- Start something new I started Dsgn365. Maybe it was a little more than I could handle for an after-work project in the summer. It gave me a new idea for a way I can pivot this into something better than the original though. Moral of the story: Just do something. Nobody ever did anything cool just letting ideas bounce around inside their head. Working on new ideas always seems to generate more ideas for me.
- Read more I started the year by reading more. I read a couple of design books, which were great. I even read some fiction. It slowed down when school started again in the fall and really died out when I started reading the Steve Jobs biography.
- Crush it I am indeed laughing at the 2010 version of me. This year has been crazy. Not only have I gotten much more involved in Forrst, but I went to Facebook. Facebook. I’m looking forward to seeing what 2012 brings.
Resolutions for 2012
- Write more I haven’t done as much writing here as I would’ve liked this year.
- More web experiments I like learning about the web and, at this point, the best way for me to learn is by trying stuff. Along with writing more, I’d like to do more write-ups with demos.
- Ship something There are a few projects now that I’ve started and have just fizzled out. I think I know where I’m getting caught up and have a pretty good idea of how to fix it. This year I want to attack that and ship a product.
- Design more I recently got an invite to join dribbble and I want to be as involved in that as I was in Forrst in 2011. Hopefully I can more fully develop my design skills in the process as well.